Sunday, September 19, 2010

History of my life


I still remember when I was in secondary school I used to wondera what life was I going to have after that. I wished to enter university since I was 5 years old. Although it sounded quite ridiculous as a child who nodded his head even though he did not know what it meant when my mum told me if I want to enter university. I never gave a second thought and said "Yes".
I graduated from secondary school in year 2002 and that was the time to determine my future.To my surprise, I did not get what I had expected.I knew where my talent was and I knew what to do during that time.That was my thinkaing that time.The results did not look good to me.I was so disappointed. My dream was gone and it felt like hell.

My parents told me that getting bad results is not the end of the day.Life still have to go on.My mum said,"You must be tough,son."I took their advice and I struggled in finding any reputable universities to accept me.I could not get into any local universities, partly I blamed certain factors where some people don’t need good results to get into the local university they wanted, but I also blamed myself as I did not have the good results to show them that I am talented enough.

I made up my mind to register in one of the college half subsided by the government. I got a place, majoring in Information System Engineering. My parents told me that I am used to spend a lot of time with the computer and always hang out with IT savvy friends/colleagues so I should study IT.I was thinking if IT is suitable to me. I knew nothing much about computer actually.What I mean is the IT field is very wide. It can range from programming,web design,multimedia design,computer interaction and multimedia,information system,information technology management, to list a few here

During my first year in college, I was struggling with communication problem as I could not speak Mandarin. I was Eng/Malay educated and never spoken Mandarin except in kindergarten. I found it hard to cope with the language initially. I spoke Eng + Malay with them. Some of them were looking at me curiously as to why I spoke in Malay and Eng but not Chinese. They only came to know later that I am what the Malaysians call, a "banana".

I had to learn from scratch and after a year plus, I was able to communicate better with them.It was never an easy life for me.I struggled with lots of obstacles.I met with an accident right after 5 months in KL.It happened about 5 minutes away from college.I remember it was raining so heavily and I can hardly see any cars in front of me.Out of a sudden, the car in front stopped to turn at a junction without any indicator lights on.My car hit the rear bumper of the front car and my car suffered huge damage.The aunty came out of her car and told me to pay RM400.I asked her to reduce the price so we can settle it peacefully.I offered her for RM300 but she rejected.I decided to report to the police with the assistance from one of the AAM agent.

He was not so honest,I suspected.My car claimed RM3400++ just for my car components replacement .The components replaced were absorber,coil spring,strut bar,accumulator and fixing the bonnet only~~I was like WTF~~I could not blame him totally because if he did not stop by and assisted me, I would almost be cheated by the woman.

Academic wise, I was not doing very well also. My course should have been all about IT, so I was wondering why I need to study account as well. Anyway,I did not bother it much and I kept on studying the course.Well, I failed my first ever subject in  my life, the account subject.I cried for one whole night.I cheered by my housemate not to give up and assume that was the first lesson.I worked hard and went for re-sit.Well,I passed with grade B.Not bad I said.Another semester,again, accounting methods 2.It haunted me for the second time and I re-sit again and got a C.I felt so disappointed.My target is to get at least B.The other subjects were well managed at lowest grade B.

I graduated from Diploma with Merit and was promoted to continue my Advance Diploma.Many told me that Advance Diploma is just a Diploma and I can for sure tell you it is totally WRONG!!!.Please do some research and investigated carefully before you speak a single word.I know I am so sarcastic but that is the fact.It is equivalent to a degree.Of course there are certain colleges offer advance diploma but some are not recognized.To my surprise, I went through a lot ups and downs during those years.I have registered for Bachelor of Degree for Information System from Campbell University so at the same exam day I need to take two paper one from morning and one in the afternoon.I did not do well in my final year.Lots of thing happened. From my personal problems to financial I struggled a lot.I do not mind  if I have no friends but what I hate most, friends who betray.

I told myself I would not be TOO good to anyone else even he/she is my best friend.People are very selfish  sometimes.They even used you to achieve their goal and sacrifice you.You are treated like a cow which will be chopped into pieces after a certain time just to fill their adrenaline of eating beef. Once in a while they sweet talk you,on the other hand you are stabbed and fired by machine gun bullets.They never come to find you unless they have something that need your help.I remember a case that they called me if can fetch them to LRT station as their cars did not have enough space to accomodate "our" friends to KLCC.They all prepared to go and had their fun while I was having a "stupid" day in a condo facing the wall.I was being called only to fetch them.I was like WTF you are thinking man.I am your driver or someone who will come and fetch you anytime???Come on man..

No comments:

Post a Comment