Monday, October 11, 2010

CPU suddenly shutdown

I tried to replace CMOS battery of my cpu few days ago.When I opened up the casing, I saw lotsa dust sticking to the CPU fan,GC fan and also HSF.I tried to clean up after I replaced the new battery.FYI, there are few types of lithium battery(CR2032 model 20 means 20 nominal diameter and 32 means 3.2mm height and CR means lithium).Ooops,out of topic already..T_T.

After replacing the battery,I try to reboot.To my surprise, it auto shut down right after finished loading BIOS and sometimes it just halfway loading BIOS.I thought it was processor overheat.However,later I got to know that I need to reset the jumper.Totally forget what I did last time(jumper also forget to reset =_=).One more thing is that my HSF was loosen.This was due to I disassembled all the components to clean my CPU but the HSF( heat sink fan ) was not properly assembled back.I almost gave up after I tried few times to unplug every single cables and reassembled all the components.Luckily I didn't give up that early.Now everything is going fine.

Conclusion is that, make sure all components are assembled back in a proper manner especially HSF as it causes the CPU to auto shut down if it is not properly assembled.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment